Hope everyone had a good weekend. It’s been a busy Monday! I don’t have a ton of time tonight, so I will try my best to make this shorter. Before I even get started on church notes and my life the past few days, I want to remind/request for everyone to be praying for my mom tomorrow! She has her appointment at Duke to get an exam done and find out the results of her CT scan from last Thursday…I know she is anxious about this appointment. The “what ifs” are HAUNTING– what if the cancer has grown, what it it’s worse, what if…pray that her mind would be cleared of worry. Pray that she would focus on Truth. Pray that the Lord would give her an extra measure of grace to battle her thoughts and take them captive. Pray for God to be glorified and His character to be displayed in her life as well as the rest of our family. Pray that the cancer would be stable still. No one want to go through more chemo and more treatments, more bad news; but if God in His perfect plan for us does have my mom go through that again, He will give us strength and faith through it all.
On Saturday night, I went with my family and Morgan to Summit and then went to dinner and hung out with Morgan. I can’t believe she is going to China in just a few weeks…I am going to miss her so much, but I am so excited for what the Lord will do in her and through her with this unique opportunity! I got her some fun going away gifts in a China survival kit 🙂
On Sunday, I went to church and then helped make lunches with my prep committee for the gap meals and then headed home to see Lauren off to Boone. It was so good to have her here for the week and I miss her already 😦 I am remembering though how cool it is for her to be a part of a different mission field. While I am here, she is there furthering God’s Kingdom! Praise God that He sends His people out to different places for His name sake.
Last night, we had a meeting for Radiate and then BASIC. I am so excited for Radiate this year; another year to serve alongside my girls is such a privilege. My girls will be staying at my family’s house this year! Can’t wait to see how we can bless others, learn about our great God, and fellowship with each other through this weekend! Praying for God to change hearts and lives this weekend!
I went to see 3 houses tonight. The offer from the other day, we already knew was going to be too low, but the owners in the home now can’t bring any money to the table, so we decided to keep looking. I opened up my mind to some end unit townhomes and found one that I really liked! We are drafting up an offer for it 🙂 It’s crazy to be putting offers down for homes…I am comforted that whenever it may be the wrong move that God will make it evident to me or shut the door on it! Thankful for that!
Since I don’t want to take too much more time to type tonight, I am going to just list thoughts from the weekend (both from me and from sermons):
- sin’s wickedness is measured by the glory of the One you are saying no to, rejecting, offending, sinning against…and that One is God
- be careful not to quench the Spirit or grieve the Spirit
- the filling of the Spirit is made possible because of the gospel
- the fulness of the Spirit means every part is permeated, influenced, affected; every dimension of us is saturated with Him
- I need to model personal holiness- be fully dedicated to God’s glory, devoted to Him privately and publicly
- I need to model self-control- mark of immaturity is lack of self-control/controlling urges. Self-control is a discipline; it is choosing God’s will and what is good/right against all odds. Self control takes surrender, submission to the Spirit’s control.
- I need to hold fast to the faithful Word- study it, love it, speak it, trust it, nourish on it, cling to it. We are to use the Word to exhort others by the sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
- Nothing can be about us, it must be about Christ.
- Be remembered for one thing…for Christ.
- STAND in the gospel- it transforms every aspect of our lives. The gospel is the answer to everything in life; it is why I live.
- Leave behind a trail of blessing, not of wrecked lives. My path should be sprinkled with Jesus Christ, not self…He is the legacy I want to leave behind.
- It’s not ANYTHING I have done, but EVERYTHING He’s done!
- Be a trophy of God’s grace; a display of Him.
- I am to do the Mission, no matter the circumstance. I have been given the gospel and received God’s grace, so I am to steward that well- cherish/treasure it and share it with others.
- There are so many blessings in obedience. Sometimes you don’t even see them very clearly (maybe not right away, maybe never). It’s a quiet faithfulness that I pray for. Obedience is what brings us closer to the Lord…it makes us more like Christ. “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.” (1 John 5:2-3) “But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed inwhat he does.” (James 1:25) “Praise the LORD! How blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who greatly delights in His commandments.” (Psalm 112:1)
- I have found myself wishing for second chances at certain things/times in life…like if only I could do that over or have the opportunity to do it again in the future, I could do better. It causes me sadness that I didn’t do better the first time. I am realizing that God is gracious to allow me to make mistakes and not hold them against me; I guess I need to learn to do the same and trust that God will allow others to look past them as well. The things I am wanting another chance at are not necessarily mistakes in themselves, it’s just that I wish I could have been the person I am now when I went through them, or have the opportunity to go through them again now. (that probably makes no sense, but I am being obscure on purpose…hopefully I can at least look back on this and understand what I was talking about) I am trusting God that He allows me to go through different phases of life when and how I do for a reason and that’s best.
Ok, I think that’s plenty for tonight!! Hope everyone had a great Monday!