It’s been a fun halloween and I am currently handing out candy to little children! 🙂 FUN! Today at work, I was with the school agers and since so many schools were out today, I got to take them on a field trip to the discount theater and watch The Smurfs! It was such a fun surprise and made the day go by very fast! I was expecting to stay till 6 for a co-worker, but our numbers were so low because so many kids went home early, that I still got off at 5. Nice day at work!
When I came home for my break, Ashley and Mom were carving our pumpkins and asked for an assist. (pictures were taken with Ashley’s camera)
Real quick before I get to some thoughts from the day, I entered to win Photoshop for life! This would be so great with my new camera. I get extra credits if you enter by clicking on my link (and you would be entered to win as well)…if you get a chance, it really only takes a second because it only has you enter your email address, then confirm by clicking a link sent to your email. (click on this link to enter: http://appsumo.com/~dTvB)
Last night at BASIC, Kirstie talked to the girls about the discipline of the mind. We talked a lot about tips to renew our minds as instructed in Romans 12:12.
1. evaluate your thoughts- be aware of what is coming to your mind and compare it to Philippians 4:8. We have to test every thought against God’s Word.
2. reject the thought is it doesn’t meet the qualifications of Philippians 4:8 and replace it- replace thoughts with truth from God’s Word. –> it’s a process of breaking old habits and forming new ones. We must choose to not dwell on thoughts that are not of Christ…we have the power to do this as a new creation in Christ with His Spirit in us.
- recognize a thought that is not truth
- refuse to accept it, act on it, or dwell on it
- replace a thought with truth
- believe because you are safe in Christ and He is in you
3. meditate on new thoughts that do like up with Scripture often.
Really just thinking a lot today about how my thoughts affect my attitude and reactions. My emotions are wrapped up in what I dwell on and if what I am dwelling on is not truth and does not line up with Scripture then I cannot successfully live rightly. I have to filter my thoughts and test every one of them. I need to respond in truth and love to situations throughout the day and control my emotions by taking captive every thought! I feel like I could unpack this a whole lot more, but I will just leave it at that (keep getting interrupted by trick-or-treaters).