Well we seriously never dreamed we would be writing this post so soon, but we are in the adoption process again! Yall, it has been a complete whirlwind these past few months between working to get Lucas’ adoption finalized and then finding out we had another little one on the way, it’s been CRAZY!
On August 30th (keep in mind that Lucas isn’t even 4 months old yet at this point and we later realized it was exactly 1 year from the day we sent in our paperwork to FAC!), I got a phone call from our social worker telling us that Lucas’ birth mom was pregnant and was wondering if we would be open to adopting the baby. Whoa! I am pretty sure I was in shock for a good week, but immediately following, I called Jeremy who was quick to say, “Well yes…how could we not?” Jeremy and I couldn’t imagine not pursuing this further. We both felt confident that the Lord had set this in front of us to say “yes” to. So, not knowing many details at all, we decided to move forward.
Here are a few details we do know: The baby is due either at the end of April/beginning of May and we will be going to Iowa again for the delivery! That means we will have ourselves a set of Irish twins…a pair of siblings less than 12 months apart. The baby will be a FULL sibling to Lucas!! How special is that?!? Blows my mind! And can we just stop and praise the Lord for the way this brave birth mama values life?!?! We are so grateful!
There have been MANY moments already of “Are we crazy? Can we really do 2 kids 11 months apart? Can we really afford another adoption right now?” but through all of it, God has reminded us that He is faithful, His plans are higher than ours, and He will provide a way for us to do all He has called us to. So, here we are again…adopting! The first thing we ask is that you would join us in praying. Yall, we need SO MUCH PRAYER! There are a lot of details yet to be worked out and we are simply endeavoring to walk in faith. Below is a list of a few specific things you can be praying for as the process unfolds:
- For us to trust God. Like I mentioned, there are a lot of unknowns right now and we want to continue to trust the Lord with the details of the adoption as they are slowly worked through.
- For God to provide. Adoption is expensive…and two adoptions in a row is overwhelming at times. We know God is big enough to provide financially for this adoption; He literally owns EVERYTHING, but I know there will be many times in this process that we will forget His provision and lack confidence in His ability to fund what He favors. We need to continually be reminded that not only are we dependent on His provision, but He is more than capable to provide.
- For contentment. Yall, to be honest, we had other plans for this coming year and they didn’t necessarily include adding another kid into the mix. We also had a vision for what our next adoption process would look like and in all likelihood, this one won’t look exactly like that. We need to be content with what God has for us. This sweet little baby is the BEST possible reason for our plans to be deferred, so please don’t hear unwillingness or whining in this request. We simply want to remain joyful in whatever circumstances God brings us through.
- For wisdom. There are so many tricky things to navigate in an adoption and we desire to be wise in our actions and our words.
- For our hearts and our home to be ready for this new addition. There are a lot of practical and emotional preparations that need to happen before the arrival of this baby and we want to be as ready as we can for what is to come!
- For God to show up BIG. Adoption is such a beautiful picture of the Gospel and it naturally brings about incredible opportunities to share the love of Jesus with others just by getting to share our story. Pray for souls to be encouraged and even saved by what God is doing with our family. Pray that we will love big and well throughout the process.
I’m sure there will be much more covering in prayer that we will need throughout the entire adoption process, but that’s what I’ve got for now!
The last thing I will leave you with is our first fundraiser!! YAY! We’ve got tshirts for sale again and we are so excited about the design our friend Megan Fowler created for us! Below is the link to look at those and submit your order. The campaign will be active for a month and once it ends, the shirts will be shipped directly to you! Shirts are available in long sleeve, short sleeve, and youth sizes!
We also have a Fundraising page open for any donations. We will work to keep it updated to track progress toward our funding goal: https://www.youcaring.com/babyfisher-986430
If anyone has any fundraising ideas or talents/giftings that they would be willing to/like to use to help with the adoption, we would LOVE to hear your thoughts!! Feel free to comment here on the blog or contact us privately!
Thank you for taking the time to read our update! Be on the lookout for more opportunities to walk alongside of us through the process! It’s gonna be a wild adventure!! 🙂